Friday, May 16, 2014

Mushroom Hunting

 
I ambled through the woods this morning, ostensibly looking for elusive morel mushrooms.  It is difficult, however, to look at the ground when the surroundings are so beautiful!  Everything is lush and verdant due to the recent rains.  Entrenched as I was, I could almost forget about the constant droning and chirping of the earth movers on the next ridge.

 
As John Muir says, "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."   Sadly, I didn't find any morels, but I found every other sort of treasure around each turn of the deer path that I followed.  I also emerged more calmed and serene than I've felt for weeks.


Try it.  Take a walk in the woods this weekend.  It will do your soul good!

This gorgeous moth was on my front door when I returned from my walk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just took a couple walks in the woods myself--during one hike, we got rather lost, so we were there for a while, through a rainstorm, even :). My cousin harvested a ton of oyster mushrooms for dinner but I emerged with more of the gifts that you mention--the inner ones!
Love your latest photos!
klc