Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Totoro Therapy

Actually my strikethough function wasn't working for the title, the REAL title should be:

I  HEART  Snow Days
 
The phone call for a 2 hour school delay came at 5:15 this morning.  I ran downstairs and tried to remember the code to turn off the alarm on J's phone, the redundant call to my cell phone came through on my way upstairs.  A few minutes later, JP got paged.  Not long after that, a call came through changing the delay to a full on Snow Day, followed by the redundant cell phone call.  Soon after, JP's alarm and then mine went off.
 
Suffice it to say, I didn't get enough sleep last night.  Combine that with the fact that L is vomiting for the 2nd morning in a row, and it does not make me relish this (un)expected day off.
 
One way to round up the warm fuzzies on a cold and miserable day:  Watch Totoro!
 
This is one of my favorite scenes from this charming anime:  taking a family bath.  A huge tub like this is one of the things we struck from our blueprints to make our house affordable.
 
 
Then there's this one, I mean, who wouldn't want to take a nap on a giant, furry Totoro?
 
 
 
And I love this one, where they are making the acorns grow in the middle of the night...makes me long for Spring!


 
Oh my goodness, the entire film is simply delightful!  Go and get yourselves a good dose of Totoro...STAT!
 
**All Totoro photos snatched from the internet...sorry and thanks!**

We got into the Totoro mood and made Soot Sprites, too!

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

We had a little Totoro therapy recently, too, followed by some Kiki, which I love because of the sunshine and sparkling water. Here we have lots of water but none of it sparkling today. No snow but grey, grey, grey.

Miyazaki helps to get through the winter for sure!