Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting the New Year With Clean Ovens

Over the past couple of days, I cleaned out both of my ovens.  It's really not a big deal with the self cleaning feature and all...I just never manage to get around to it for one reason or another.  So...both ovens are sparkling and clean...all ready for me to dirty them up this year.

The girls have gone to bed a bit early tonight.  It is our feeble attempt to make up for all of the late nights over the past week and a half, especially last night, when we all stayed up to watch the ball drop.  It has been nice to be hanging out with JP and the girls again.  He has been working so much lately, that it sometimes feels like we are ships passing in the night.  That is not to say that I haven't been completely fed up with the whining and fighting at times over the past few days either!

We have eaten well this Holiday:  tamales, scallops sauteed in butter, rare beef tenderloin, home made crab cakes, as well as LOTS of Christmas sweets and tonight - champagne.  We have laid around reading and watching plenty of movies.  J spent an evening in the city with a friend to see the Nutcracker ballet.  L had a birthday.  We took the girls to Build-a-Bear. 

It hasn't been all excess and lounging, however.  The girls and I spent about 90 minutes sweating it out to Dance Wii the other day.  JP and I spent several hours over 2 days building a bin for coal out behind the barn.  We also spent most of another day cutting and stacking wood.  I raked up the hulls from beneath the 2 hickory trees out by the girls' sandbox.  And of course, I got those ovens cleaned!

The lunches are packed for JP and the girls for tomorrow.  The notes are written for busing.  All is finally quiet.  It is time to start my personal pep rally, because we are GOING to get off to a great start in 2014.  I am aiming for organized and efficient this year...OK, just being ON TIME would be great!

Farewell to 2013, year of insanity.  Welcome 2014, when it all calms down.

No comments: