Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hot Chocolate


Another Snow Day, only today the temperature (which was -5* F when I got up this morning) is still -3* F.  The bad news is I've got a bad case of cabin fever - haven't been off the hill since I went to work Friday morning.  The rest of the bad news is that we now have 2 more snow days to make up during our Spring Break!  The good news is that L gets one more day to recover before going back to school - no more vomiting since yesterday morning, but now she's coughing like crazy!  The other good news is that I don't have to spend my Birthday alone.

I was still pretty cranky when I got the call this morning about no school due to "blistering cold weather", I mean, what the heck?  Don't the schools have heat?  So, while I was sweating away on the elliptical, I decided to make the best of it.  After all, it's my birthday, so I'm entitled to do all kinds of things that I normally wouldn't do, right?

We started off with Double Chocolate Pancakes for breakfast...yummy!  It was like an entire plateful of warm brownies to start the day.  I'm not sure what is next, but I'm sure that chocolate will have feature appearances throughout the day. 


Double Chocolate Pancakes
 
Adapted from the Betty Crocker website
 
2 cups Bisquick
1/4 cup sugar     
2 T cocoa powder
1 cup chocolate milk
1 tsp vanilla     
2 eggs 
mini milk chocolate chips 
 
Whisk all ingredients except for chocolate chips together until well mixed.  Pour batter onto buttered griddle heated to 300*.  Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while batter is still uncooked.  Flip when bubbles rise along the edges and the holes do not close.
 
 
Happy below zero snow day to everyone!

No comments: