Monday, December 2, 2013

Tryptophan

Our final round of guests left this morning.  Today I have been doing the laundry and the weekly cleaning, along with catching up on things that didn't get done over the past 4 or 5 days.  L is on the verge of being ill - crying easily and frequently, and complaining of sore throat.  It hasn't taken much to set her off today, and J is doing that regularly.  The only way I could get a little bit of quiet was by putting a movie on.  Whatever.

I was considering sitting out in the tree house with my rifle this afternoon for the first day of deer season, but I don't feel up to it.  I'm feeling drowsy this afternoon.  No energy.  Don't feel like doing much.  Maybe it's the tryptophan from all that left-over turkey leaking out of the fridge and affecting my brain.

Our Thanksgiving holidays were a whirl of activity.  JP's sister, her husband, and their son arrived on Wednesday night, along with JP's nephew's new fiancee (who is a lovely person.)  We cooked forever, and then feasted on Thanksgiving day.  They had to leave Friday morning, so that afternoon we went out to a matinee of "Frozen" - fun movie.

On Saturday afternoon, Mom and I went out to my favorite park, for a wreath making class.  Each of us came home with an evergreen wreath that we had fashioned ourselves.

 
Saturday night, 2 of JP's cousins arrived.  They stayed to visit on Sunday - they played board games with the girls and we watched "Despicable Me."

So...today we are back to the grind, albeit no school in honor of the first day of deer season.  It's a new week and a new month.  We are counting down the days to a new year.  I've got a few things to do before then...

No comments: