Monday, September 30, 2013

Overwhelmed

Tonight I am completely exhausted - physically and emotionally...didn't see this one coming, and it hit me hard!

J got her upper palate expander put in this afternoon.  Our 20 min. Orthodontist appointment lasted almost an hour, putting us behind for everything else that came after.  She is not adjusting to it very quickly or very well.  I'm sure the thing is a pain in the tushy, and she is not my daughter that adapts well to change...just like her Mama.  She complains that she cannot chew or swallow.

Both girls went off the deep end in the van, causing goldfish cracker crumbs all down one seat, and 2 broken eggs in the dozen I was to deliver.

I put dinner in the oven before we left for appointments and piano lessons this afternoon.  It was not done when we returned.

JP was LATE coming home this evening.

I've just finished spending another hour (already spent 2 hours last week with the Lime-Away, rubber gloves and a toothbrush) attempting to scrub the hard water deposits off the tile and grout in our shower so that our contractor can fix a couple of places and seal everything.  It's hopeless - still looks awful.

On top of all this, I'm really stressing about my job, as it may be part of the overall downsizing going on right now.

Thankfully I had the foresight to excuse myself from this evening's Trustee duty at the Library ahead of time.  I am also cancelling soccer practice after work tomorrow evening.

After dropping off the girls at school tomorrow, I will go shopping for a variety of soups to feed J for the next 2 weeks, along with applesauce, yogurt, and pudding.

I have my fingers crossed, hoping for a peaceful evening tomorrow.  Maybe we can even re-institute Girls' Night and paint our toenails.  But I don't want to count on it.  If we can just eat our soup in relative calm, with no yelling or drama, I'll be pleased.

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

I hope a few days swept this stress away. Remember, all the little things don't matter. What matters is that you and your family are finding meaning in your lives together. Actually, I read this post right after a day when I felt my life was crushing me to a pulp. I meant to leave a message saying, I hear you sister. But tonight I feel better and it's all about meaning and joy. Life is such a rollercoaster. Hormones don't help the fight for equilibrium. xoxoxo