Saturday, April 20, 2013

Gone But Not Forgotten

Lately I've been feeling a bit lonely and forgotten up here on the ridge.  I've been aching for a good chat with my friends, and it hasn't worked out because we are all so freakin busy.

Half-way through the week, JP (who is such a good man) suggested that we invite everyone out for a cook out this weekend.  At first I was resistant.  I wanted to hang out and be lazy this weekend...it's been a long week for me too.  I gradually warmed to the idea, and...ta da...

We pulled it off:  another successful cook out on the ridge.  I think everyone had a good time, with the possible exception of little W, who had an earache.  We all picked up where we left off, chatted, joked, told stories on our kids, and ate entirely too much.  In the meantime the kiddos all ran around outside collecting bugs, climbing up and down out of the tree house, playing ball and swinging.

I keep being reminded of what a good bunch of people we have the fortune of having a community with.  It is a bitter sweet feeling, knowing that the group used to be so much BIGGER, and missing the company of those who have moved on. 

Hey all you good people in IN and WA, we missed you this afternoon!  Please know that you are loved by a whole bunch of wonderful people in the Burg.

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

We miss you guys, too! I'm always so happy when I hear of you all getting together, though.