Thursday, January 3, 2013

Just Call Me "Ms. Fix-it"

Ha!  I read the instructions, and managed to replace one of the lifts on the back hatch of the van today.  It successfully fixed the problem, so I won't replace the other right now.  I also replaced both of the front windshield wipers.  I'm feeling pretty good about my capabilities at the moment!


We just received a free issue of "Cuisine at Home" magazine a few days ago.  I decided to try a couple of recipes from it tonight:  Mac n 'Cheese Soup, and Buffalo Chicken "Fries".  The soup wasn't a big hit, although it was good, it wasn't "cheesy" enough for my crew.  The Buffalo Chicken "Fries" were a hit though...not too spicy, but enough to warm you on these frigid days.  I'll share the recipe, with a couple of tweaks:

BUFFALO CHICKEN "FRIES"
Makes 4 servings (1 lb)

1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
6 T butter, melted
1 T honey
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch wide strips
1/3 c flour
1/4 c vegetable oil

Whisk together hot sauce, butter, and honey in a large bowl.

Pat chicken strips dry and season with salt and pepper, then add meat and flour to zip top back and shake to coat.

Heat 2 T oil in a 12 in. nonstick skillet over med hi.  Brown half of the chicken strips for 2 min/side, then transfer to sauce mixture and toss to coat.  Repeat with remaining chicken.


Tomorrow I head back to work for the first time since the holiday.  I'm a little bit sad about it...I've enjoyed being home.  It should be nice, however, to actually talk to another adult.

It's chilly in here.  I let the fire go out earlier.  I think I'll go dive under a pile of blankets on my bed instead of trying to re-start it.  Stay warm everyone!

No comments: