Thursday, January 10, 2013

Close Enough

Well,we did it! Dad and I got all of the trim up in the tree house this afternoon!  Every door, window and corner has been trimmed.

The girls and I brought the rugs up this evening to see how they look.  This is a view from the entrance door toward the door that leads to the deck.


JP managed to find these bunk bed cots, and the girls wanted to get them set up and try them out as well.  This view is from the deck looking toward the entrance.


The really nifty thing about the bunk cots is that they fold down to become a sofa when not in use as a bed!  It isn't a very comfortable couch, so I plan to make some cushions out of memory foam to make it a bit comfier.


I actually have plenty of sewing to do for up there.  We'll need some cute little curtains for each of the 4 windows if there is to be any sleeping going on.

JP still wants to build a fold down table hinged to the wall below the peach colored window (you can see it in the top photo), and I need to touch up some paint.  We should hang a few pictures too, of course.  On the whole, however, I think it's close enough to being finished to call it DONE.

2 comments:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Oh my goodness. that's amazing. When you come up with a name for it let me know and I will make a picture to go inside with the name of the treehouse on it, too. I can hardly wait to see it in person!

Sally said...

WOW! Quite impressive. And you must be feeling a sense of accomplishment. Yeehaw!! Enjoy.