Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

It is amazing what a little bit of the white stuff can do!  The relentless rain blew away on the doomsday wind last night and snow started falling in the wee hours this morning.  It is still blowing like crazy, especially up here on our hill, but we are actually getting some decent accumulation of beautiful, white snow!

The mud is frozen, so for the time being it is not being tracked into the house.  Everything - the pile of gravel in our driveway, the muddy ditches behind the barn and below the house, EVERYTHING is covered over with a fresh coat of snow.

The best part is that today was the shortest day of the year...there is no where to go but up!  Slowly but surely the days will get longer and longer until the bright and heady days of Summer.

As I was driving home from work today, I realized that I don't have to go back again for 2 weeks.  And when I got home, I turned the page on my desk calendar, and beheld this:

NOTHING!
Tonight my parents came over for steaming bowls of beef stew, cooked until tender in an entire bottle of red wine...an entire bottle minus one tiny glassful.

Tomorrow, since we are all relatively healthy again, and since my calendar is a blank slate, perhaps we can pull the sleds down out of the attic and try them out for the first time this season.

The girls and I baked up a storm yesterday afternoon and today.  We have most of our Christmas baking done.  I finished the Christmas cards last night.  Every thing is wrapped and decorated and arranged.  All we do now is wait for Christmas day to arrive...and the chance of it being a white one looks very good at this point.

So, have yourself a merry little Christmas.  I'm planning to!

No comments: