Sunday, November 18, 2012

Twinkle, Twinkle

JP conceded that J could get her ears pierced when she turned 10.  I have been promising her that I would get mine pierced along with her.  This weekend, even though J isn't quite 10 yet, we decided it was time.  JP bought sterile piercing needles and studs on line, read up on piercing, and became our piercing "expert."

J shed a few tears, but thankfully, I was a good role model for her, as I went first.

Now both of us have little twinkling birthstone studs in our ears.  J's do not seem to be bothering her at all, but my ears are aching and throbbing.  I'm starting to think that 40-something is too old to get your ears pierced for the first time!

As I sit here tonight, snuggle up with my family as we watch one of our favorite movies, Totoro, I am thankful for a great weekend with my family, a sunny day to paint in the tree house, and a 2 1/2 day school week coming up!

No comments: