Friday, November 16, 2012

Nasty Start to the Day...

My morning did not start off so great.  First of all, I found my cell phone in the washer when I was putting clothes in the dryer.  After a quick internet search, I dismantled it, and it is currently resting in a bowl of uncooked rice for 24 hours.

Right as L and I were getting ready to leave for work, she went out to say "Goodbye" to Lizzie, who is recovering from her surgery yesterday, (who is supposed to be "kept in" for 2 weeks) and inadvertently let her out of the cage.  We chased her for 5 minutes, unsuccessfully, before leaving for work.

At my Mom's house, where L stays while I work, I opened the back of the van to unload some boxes for her.  Recently the back hatch hasn't always been staying open on its own, and it chose this moment to fall shut on my head.

I arrived late to work, with a headache as a bonus.

Things got better from there...they couldn't really get much worse, could they?

This afternoon was so sunny and beautiful, and the girls were in such good moods, that we had a lovely time being silly together.  All 4 of us danced together for a while after dinner.  So tonight, I am thankful for this great moment in time with my family. 

And another bonus:  I have J's birthday cake baked, frosted and decorated a full 3 hours ahead of my normal midnight schedule! 

No comments: