Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tidbits

Me, while trying to convince J that she should not wear the silver star shirt with the pink and brown heart pants to her Doctor appointment: "I'm even going to change my shirt."
J: "But why? That shirt is BEAUTIFUL!"
Me: "Because it has holes in it and it's sloppy and stained. It isn't respectful of others to look sloppy when you visit."
J: "But you're a COUNTRY girl!"

J, while at above mentioned appointment: "Look! I can SKIP again!"
(Yes, she is feeling much better already after having her knees aspirated and injected yesterday.)

Crazy cat, Ernie, who has only half a brain at most, attacked the snow shovel while I was clearing the snow from in front of the garage. At least 4 times I scooped him up along with the snow because he didn't move out of the way. It didn't seem to bother him in the least.

Now, Miss J is having problems sleeping...probably due to the steroids. She says that her mind is playing tricks on her and won't let her "change the channel" (what JP tells her to do when she is having scary thoughts at night). I am already feeling the effects of shoveling 4 inches of snow off the drive, along with the piles that I only pushed half way off after the last snow...time for bed and a heating pad!

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

I wish we could change channels so easily--but from pain to ease, from sadness to happiness--etc. Sun is out today! Look at you shoveling snow, you country girl, you.