Monday, December 20, 2010

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite



To be honest, one of the first things I did after checking into each Hotel room while on vacation, was to pull back the sheets and check the mattresses for bed bugs. Didn't seen any sign of 'em...hope I actually know what I'm looking for!



It has been unseasonably cold in Florida. The first 2 nights we were there, the temperatures dropped to the 20's. Ghosts appeared to rise from the flower beds as all the tender plants remained covered. Day temps rose up into the 50's, and we took solace in the fact that it was still 30 degrees warmer there than at home! The lines at Busch Gardens were non-existent, allowing us to leave a ride, run around to the beginning, and ride again. L rode a roller coaster for the first time.



On Friday, we drove further south to the lovely island of Sanibel off the Gulf coast. That night we walked along the shore, allowing L to see the ocean and feel the sand between her toes for the first time. The following morning, J and I walked the beach in the rain, to collect a bag full of lovely shells.

I didn't really feel like Christmas in Florida, although lots of people had decorations out. I guess there's nothing like a white Christmas for me!



Now, after a long day en route, we are home again. It is hard to believe that this morning I was strolling barefoot in the sand, watching dolphins and pelicans. Now I am facing a mile high pile of laundry, snow outside, and family arriving in 4 days for Christmas. I had better get my act together!



Right now though, I am going to sleep in my OWN bed...can't wait! Good night, sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!

No comments: