On my list of unbelievable things happening lately:
1) Delivery men who show up...(wait for it)...EARLY! It's true! The Sears crew that delivered our new refrigerator arrived 21 minutes BEFORE their scheduled 2 hour window, AND were nice enough to move the old fridge down to Mom and Dad's basement.
2) Tomato plants in the yard. This afternoon, while finally removing the dirt that I dug out of trenches several weeks ago, I noticed a half dozen little tomato plants growing along the grey water drainage. Apparently these little guys went down the drain, travelled all the way down and out, and sprouted where they landed. I'll leave them be and see what happens!
3) Bears? I don't know, but I guess it's possible. I went down by our spring last weekend to pick black raspberries, and found the bushes trampled and picked clean. I also noticed a large pile of dark scat on the road, which appears very similar to the photo of Black Bear scat in our "Mammal Tracks and Signs" book.
4) 46 degrees at the end of June? Oh yes, and it's been nice, too. We had the windows open all day yesterday since it only got up to 73...gave the air conditioner a break!
5) My BP (emotional) boycott. This is unbelievable because I keep breaking my own initiated (so called) boycott. The BP station is the closest one to our house, and is located right before where we get on the interstate for our weekly jaunts South. I get a few gallons and tell myself "never again...BP is an irresponsible company, I can NOT support them!", and then I end up there again a week later when I need to go somewhere and the little gas light is glowing. I have absolutely no back bone.
1 year ago