Friday, July 17, 2009

Rainy Day

The rain held off until L finished her final swim lesson of the summer before it let loose in earnest. She seemed none the worse for her experience yesterday.

J's teacher worked with her until she was able to pass Level 3.


The builder cancelled the concrete pour scheduled for today due to the weather. Instead, they worked on the cupola. Unfortunately, I didn't have the right hardware to install the weather vane, so the pig is still in the garage.


The excavator was only able to work until around noon, but got fill in around the porch and garage, and opened up the front yard some.


I stood on the porch and watched the rain today...it was a pleasant way to waste time. Our flock of turkeys stayed in the underbrush during the downpour, so I couldn't see them. Every time it thundered, they would gobble their displeasure. An Eastern Bluebird was flitting from tree to tree...what a treat to see him! I am anxious to put up my Hummingbird feeders, so I can watch those lovely little flashes of color this summer as well.

The girls wanted to go out in their rain gear, and came back caked in mud.






No comments: