Friday, July 10, 2009

Ducks in a Row

I'm having abandonment issues. As much as I've been dreaming of living in this place, and even though I've actually been living here for 2 weeks, it still doesn't seem like mine. I still have this urge to ask the builders if I'm doing everything right. The problem is, they aren't here any more. They have left me here to figure it out my own!

Some of the guys have been here to load up stuff and take it to the next place. J remarked yesterday that "all the diggers are in a row!" Today, only the "Lull" is left, since they need to put another coat of paint on the rafters under the prow next week.


I'm trying to get my ducks in a row too. We have our first guests coming tomorrow, and I still need to hang drapes in the guest room. I've cleaned the bathrooms and tried to organize the chaos as much as possible. We're still not able to claim the storage room, so stuff is piling up in the Family Room downstairs.

Yesterday, J and I swept off the deck, porch and patio. Then we found the pool and filled it up. Here are my two little ducks out for a swim.


No comments: