Thursday, May 21, 2009

Perhaps a Prescription?

I've gone from getting extremely anxious to getting seriously spastic every time I visit the house these days. Things are getting SO close to being done, and I am SO tired of living in this apartment (and while we are on the subject of being SO tired of things, I'll mention that I'm SO tired of being J's cyber school teacher...she's tired of me too). I pace. I jump around. I growl. For some reason, none of these things seem to make things happen any faster. We have 5 more days of school, and 3 more weeks of apartment living. I wonder if JP could put me in a medically induced coma until then?

Lots of guys working out at the house today!



Today they are priming the walls. The primer is tinted, so the colors are similar to the final thing. Our "weeping willow" is very nice, although lighter than I anticipated. They didn't have the girl's room primed yet, so I still don't know what the "lemon mint" will look like. Through some miscommunication, the builder thought I wanted the mud/utility/T's Own Private Room to be "butter". After I thought about it, I thought it might be quite stimulating, so we're going with it! This is a shot...sorry it's so dark...of the green color in the library.


They have nearly finished the siding on the entrance side of the house, including soffit over the door. There should still be some cedar detailing over the front door.


The last green door for the breezeway is in. There will be one more door on the other side of the breezeway, and then the house will be closed up!


Here is the cork flooring that we picked up in Pittsburgh yesterday. It will go in the library. I love the way it looks!


The well man finished putting in the rain water cistern. It's not exactly what we were anticipating, but he hit bedrock one foot too shallow, and we told him not to jack-hammer. He also found another spring, which is why the hole was full of water in my last post.


I counted nearly 100 light bulbs that we will need for the house. That's a small fortune when you are considering compact fluorescent bulbs throughout. Anyone know where you can buy light bulbs in bulk?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Did you look for light bulbs on my own personal favorite, AMAZON? Freee shipping. And of course Sam's. Good ole Sams. Looking forward to seeing your great room ceiling! And stepping on Slugman's comfy library floor!