Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel

No one was at the building site today when we snuck up the hill, sleeping child in the van. The footer for the house is nearly complete. This picture reminds me of the story of Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. Mike and Mary Anne dig the basement for the new town hall, and she remains inside to be the furnace since she can't get out. The "digger" (kid term) looks to be in the right position for our storage/furnace room!




The footers look small compared to the image in my head of the house. I'm guessing that is just because it is one dimensional at the moment.

They have also begun drilling the well. There is evidence of mud around, but I don't know if that means they hit water or if they used water in the drilling process. No one was there to ask!



Meanwhile, it is hunting season! I think we have managed to scare the deer away from the top of the hill this year. My Dad is coming tonight to try his luck across the road, down by the stream.


Keep checking back for the latest and greatest...

No comments: